Mission Statement: The Oskaloosa Area Chamber & Development Group (OACDG) promotes, improves, and enhances the business environment and quality of life in Oskaloosa and Mahaska County.
What is the OACDG?
The Oskaloosa Area Chamber & Development Group is a volunteer organization of business and professional men and women who have joined together for the purpose of promoting the civic, commercial, and downtown district progress of our community. OACDG works with businesses to make Oskaloosa and Mahaska County a better place to live and work.
The OACDG is not a civic club, charitable organization, or department of the city government; OACDG is a nonprofit, tax-paying organization that works for the community in two primary ways.
- OACDG acts as spokesperson for the business and professional community and translates into action the group thinking of its members.
- OACDG renders specific services of a type that can be most effectively delivered by a community organization both to its members and to the community as a whole.
The Oskaloosa Area Chamber & Development Group is an organization dedicated to putting Oskaloosa & Mahaska County first!What does the OACDG do?
- The OACDG works at bringing new industry and retail businesses to the area, ensuring a solid economic base for a bright future.
- The OACDG is a voice for the business and professional community on critical issues affecting our area.
- The OACDG is a place where plans and proposals for the community can be addressed, fine-tuned, or researched so you know all the facts.
- The OACDG is a group of committees working hard at meeting the community's business needs. In short, we work for you and with you to shape our future.
- Only member's names are given when the OACDG office is contacted for referrals.
- Only member businesses are included in the "Welcome" packet when new residents and visitors ask for information.
- We sell your city and county, your products and your services every single day of the year.
- We provide tools to boost your profits with research, statistical data and educational seminars.
- We make sure your voice is heard on local questions and legislation which may affect your business.
- The OACDG is a rallying point for many civic movements whose objectives are to benefit the entire community.
Board of Directors
- Marsha Riordan [William Penn University]
- Erin Baldwin [Mahaska Health Partnership]
- Nathan Crane [ISU Extension]
- Vicki Jones [Bank Iowa]
- Margaret Ratcliff [MidWestOne Insurance]
- Carri VandeRee [TruBank]
- Val VanWaardhuizen [Interiors by Val]
- Mike VanderMolen [Mahaska County Supervisor]
- Patti Ryan [Hawkeye Real Estate]
- Dave Krutzfeldt [City Representative]
- Mark W. DeJong [Bank Iowa]
- Glenda Booy [KBOE]
- Kevin Wright [Hy-Vee]
- Josh Buckingham [TD&T CPAs & Advisors]
Phone: 641-673-7629 ext. 223
Provides general direction to all personnel in carrying out the mission of the OACDG.
Deb Bruxvoort, Finance Manager
Phone: 641-673-7629 ext. 222
OACDG financial record keeping; communications; assists in general office management; shares in public relations needs and concerns.
Deann DeGroot, Office Manager
Phone: 641-673-7629 ext. 221
Addresses public relations needs and concerns; maintains databases of OACDG membership and committees; general office management duties; accounting and bookkeeping; accounts payable and receivable.
Deann DeGroot, Director of MCARD
(Mahaska County Agricultural & Rural Development)
Promotes value-added agriculture in Mahaska County, provides economic development assistance to rural communitites in Mahaska County, prepares applications for economic development loans and grants.
Karen Hafner, Main Street Director
Phone: 641-673-7629 ext. 228
Responsible for the development, execution, and documentation of the Main Street program, works with volunteers implementing the Main Street Iowa Four-Point approach to downtown revitalization activities. Coordinates Main Street and Commerce events and the Clean & Green Committee, working very closely with volunteers.