Mahaska Community Development Group
Mahaska Community Development Group is funded separately but works closely with the OACDG. MCDG is an economic development organization with member-investors representing many of the largest exporters and employers in and around Mahaska County. The mission of MCDG is to continue building a coalition of entities in the region to further economic development and promote a healthy, business friendly environment. To guide its work in this mission, MCDG has adopted the following broad goals (which can also be found here):
- Increase the quantity of high quality jobs.
- Increase capital and personal investment.
- Increase the quality of life for all residents.
- Increase the competitiveness of local businesses in their markets, whether local, national, or global.
Presently, MCDG has 18 member-investors from across the community. Each of these local employers have contributed substantially to the betterment of the community and provide high-quality jobs to area residents. Collectively, these employers provide over 2,600 jobs in the community, which equates to more than 33% of the total jobs in Mahaska County. Their exports go to nearly every city in the USA and to approximately 80 countries around the world. These exports bring revenue and jobs back into the community and drive our local economy.
The current MCDG member-investors include:
- B and B Bedding
- Bank Iowa
- Clow Valve
- Cunningham, Inc.
- Garden & Associates, Ltd.
- Hawkeye Real Estate & Property Management
- Iowa Wood Preservers
- Mahaska (formerly Mahaska Bottling Co.)
- Mahaska Communication Group
- Mahaska Health Partnership
- MidAmerican Energy
- MidWestOne Bank
- Musco Lighting
- Oskaloosa Food Products
- TD&T CPSs and Advisors
- William Penn University
MCDG is continually looking for additional member-investors that would like to work toward the community's economic betterment.