Learn about the Mahaska Health Partnership hospital and services, plus assisted living and nursing homes. For a full listing including home health, pharmacies, optometrists, physical therapy and more, check out the printable Health Care & Family Fitness brochure.
If you come down ill, suffer an injury or just need a check-up, you have the state-of-the-art medical services you need right here in Oskaloosa.
Mahaska Health Partnership
Mahaska Health Partnership, continues making healthcare personal for residents in Mahaska and surrounding counties.
Led by an exceptional Medical Staff of family practice and specialty physicians, MHP can meet your family's emergent, routine and elective healthcare needs. The health system is accredited by the Joint Commission, an organization that places an emphasis on continuous improvement and delivering high-quality care.
Construction was completed in September of 2013 on a new patient care wing, which houses Surgical and Inpatient Services as well as the Birthing Center. It features all private patient rooms and a patient-friendly design.
While MHP includes the hospital serving the Mahaska County region, the name is designed to represent the multitude of health services available on their campus, including:
- Surgical Services, utilized by physician specialists in General Surgery, Orthopaedics (bone and joint), OB/GYN (babies and women's health), Ophthalmology (eye), Podiatry (feet); Urology (male reproduction and urinary tract) and ENT (Ears, Nose and Throat).
- The Birthing Center, featuring large birthing suites where mom labors, delivers and recovers while enjoying a whirlpool tub, in-room refrigerator and extra special touches to help her relax.
- Emergency Services, staffed 24/7 by physicians and highly-trained emergency healthcare professionals. MHP is a Level III Trauma Center and operates a paramedic-level ambulance service.
- Home Health & Hospice Services, with offices in Oskaloosa and Sigourney. The Hospice Serenity House, located on MHP's campus in Oskaloosa, is a six-bed residential facility for hospice patients and their families.
- Public Health, offering vaccinations, and public services including WIC and family planning.
- Behavioral Health Services, outpatient counseling for mental health and substance use, as well as psychiatric medication evaluation and management. A 24-hour emergency hotline is also available by calling 641.672.3100.
- Inpatient Geriatric Psychiatry, offering short-term psychiatric inpatient services for patients 55 years and older.
- Physical and Occupational Therapy, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Sleep Center, Cancer Care and Infusion Center, Wound Ostomy Care and Diabetes Education.
- New Sharon Medical Center, family practice clinic providing full-time medical care in the New Sharon community
- Visiting specialty physicians provide services in oncology nephrology, cardiology, neurology, ENT (ear, nose, throat), vascular, pulmonology (lung) and electromyography (EMG, for evaluating and recording the activation signal of muscles).
For more information about Mahaska Health Partnership, visit visit MHP website or call 641.672.3240.
Assisted Living and Nursing HomesOskaloosa Care Center
This facilility opened in May of 2008 on the west side of Oskaloosa at 605 Highway 432. The Oskaloosa Care Center has room for 69 residents. There are 35 private rooms and 17 double rooms. "Horizon's West" is a 20-bed unit dedicated for those diagnosed with Alzheimers and dementia. Each of those private rooms have a special memory box in the hall. A team of qualified staff members, dedicated to the compassion and care of the elderly, provide rehabilitation and nursing care for long and short term needs.
Business Directory Listing | Phone: (641) 676-3414
Northern Mahaska Nursing and Rehab Center
Northern Mahaska Nursing and Rehab Center in 2007 built a 63-bed nursing care facility in the North Hills area of Oskaloosa. There are 33 private rooms (including a hospice room) and 15 semi private rooms. The center features a building that covers 32,493 square feet of land, with a detached 1,254-square-foot laundry room. Special features include an outdoor patio, ice cream parlor, beauty shop, state-of-the-art "code alert" system, therapy services and MORE.
Business Directory Listing | Phone: (641) 673-3000
Crystal Heights is a 92-bed, skilled nursing facility designed to care for individuals requiring minimal assistance as well as multiple heath care and rehabilitation needs. Crystal Heights provides private and semi-private rooms with all-inclusive services.
Phone: (641) 673-9229
Maple Ridge Assisted Living
Maple Ridge Assisted Living offers an alternative living style for seniors that don't feel that they can stay at home but aren't quite ready for the services of a nursing home. The residents enjoy three meals a day, bathing and medication assistance and a great variety of activities.
Business Directory Listing | Phone: (641) 672-1090
White Oak Estates Assisted Living
Phone: (641) 673-4443