In retail sales, business location is everything. That's why it's important to choose a community with everything to offer.Oskaloosa Iowa, located in the heart of the state is one of the most progressive and vital communities in the Midwest today! Individuals and world-class businesses who come to the area have recognized the value of this booming community for many reasons.
High-Traffic Existing and Future Retail Space
- Available Commercial/Retail Buildings
- Storefronts are currently available in a variety of retail settings, including the downtown area and within the adjoining Penn Central Mall.
- A future development is being planned close to downtown, at the communities major highway interchange.
A Vital Retail Presence
- Oskaloosa, Iowa's thriving retail community draws buyers from a five-county area. The Sector has grown to a level that would normally be found in a city twice its size.
- Currently, 165 retail operations are growing and thriving in the historic downtown area, within Oskaloosa's adjoining Penn Central Mall, and in the surrounding areas.
Strong Demographics and Retail Sales
- More than 185,000 residents live within a 40-mile radius of Oskaloosa
- The more than 72,000 regional households have an average income of $36,044
- In Oskaloosa alone, retail sales last year were more than $387 million.
- The area has a strong diversified economic and industrial base including 38 manufacturing plants which employ thousands.
- Cultural and athletic events, as well as the area's many recreational sports, draw hundreds of thousands of visitors to the city year-round.
- Several college-level institutions are located in the area, including William Penn University and Indian Hills Community College, providing a strong youthful consumer and employment base for the retail community.
All Roads Lead to Oskaloosa
Just one hour from the Des Moines metropolitan area, Oskaloosa is situated at the apex of a major highway interchange: US Highway 63 and State Highways 163 (now four lanes), 23 and 92. These transportation arteries encourage visitor and tourist interest, enhance access to labor markets and better connect Oskaloosa to the growing south central region of Iowa.